Autumn-time in Ogden is enriched by Creatures of the Night, a beloved event hosted by Ogden Nature Center for the community year after year. Packed with trailside adventures for all ages, it’s a treasure for families with young children. Some of the most endearing memories with my kids took place at Creatures of the Night, where the kids got to run amok in costumes for games and thrills outside under the moonlight, and wander down dark trails with flashlights to learn about nature by engaging storytellers in dressed in animal costumes. This is a one-of-a-kind event for nature-loving families. Get out and enjoy fall to the fullest at this fun night of discovery!
• Take a crepuscular creep (early night-time) along Ogden Nature Center trails where
you’ll meet Ogden Nature Center teacher-naturalists transformed into native Utah
animals, each with a tale to tell
• Meet live owls, snakes & spiders
• Trailside tales and a campfire, face painting, carnival games & silly fortune telling
• Make fun fall nature crafts to take home
• Squeak & Sneak -- pretend you’re a mouse on the run as you spot your predators
• Visit the Bat Cave and see who lives there
• Get down low in the Spider Web Crawl
When: Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12, 5-8:30 p.m.
Where: Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street in Ogden
Cost: $6 Ogden Nature Center members / $8 non-members
Who: All ages are welcome. This event is for the entire community; great for
families. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Dress: Dress for outdoor weather / costumes welcome / bring a flashlight
This event will be held rain or shine.
Friday Night: El Bandito; Butter 3eer
Saturday Night: Sgt. Pepper’s FAT Burrito, A Taste of Louisiana; Butter 3eer
For more information call 801-621-7595. See you there!
Photos courtesy of Ogden Nature Center.
By Deann Armes / Indie Ogden Magazine